In 2018/2019, TFO will travel beyond the bay to bring high quality performances to concert venues throughout Florida. For the third season, The Florida Orchestra will travel to Highlands County to perform at the Alan Jay Wildstein Center for the Performing Art at South Florida State College in Avon Park. TFO will also perform twice in Citrus County at Seven Rivers Church in Lecanto, a return visit after a sold-out performance in the 2016/2017 season.
Come back soon for details about 2018/2019 performances beyond the bay.
2017 STATE RESIDENCY
The 2017 State Residency, funded by the Department of State, Division of Cultural Affairs, the Florida Council of Arts and Culture, and the State of Florida, elaborated on Music Director Michael Francis’ community-focused vision of extending the orchestra’s reach beyond the concert halls and highlighting TFO’s status as the premier orchestra in the southeast – not limited to Tampa Bay. TFO’s residencies brought symphonic music to approximately 15,000 people across Florida who have limited access to a professional orchestra. As a close partner with the Florida Music Educators Association, whose conference is held in Tampa Bay each year, TFO has used the residency to expand on existing relationships with the statewide music education programs of Florida.
TFO is recognized by the League of American Orchestras as the largest orchestra in Florida, serving the second largest metropolitan area in the state.
Volusia County Activities
- January 6: Saint-Saëns’ Organ Symphony Masterworks Concert
- February 6: TFO side by side with Volusia All-County Honors Orchestra
- February 7: School Youth Concerts for Volusia County elementary students
Highlands County Activities
Sponsored in part by South Florida State College
- January 19: Brahms, Mozart, & Mendelssohn Masterworks Concert
- January 20: School Youth Concerts for Highlands County elementary students
- March 11: TFO side by side with Highlands County Concert Band
Alachua County Activities
- March 6: TFO side by side with local orchestra students
- March 7:
- School Youth Concerts for Alachua County elementary students
- TFO Hospital Concert at UF Health Shands Hospital
This project is sponsored in part by the Department of State, Division of Cultural Affairs, the Florida Council of Arts and Culture, and the State of Florida.